Thursday, October 23, 2008

It's been a long time...

...since I last log on. A lot has happened since June 2008, my trip to NY state.

Since my trip:
  • I've decided to go ahead with my (very first) flat purchase, the flat I almost thought I'd lost.
  • I've split up with a guy I dated for 2 years.
  • I dated a guy from work, in the same team (very first time!) - I thought he's "the one" I can potentially spend the rest of my life with.. until he broke up with me after 3 weeks having chased me for months.
  • I will be an auntie next year March!
  • My brother got married in October following his 'accident'.
I almost had a nervous breakdown from handling being dump/flat purchase/study/work/stock market crash/family issues concurrently....

About my NY trip.....

It definitely was a lot of drama and full of experience. I decided to go my own way for a road trip instead of visiting him in Bath. To highlight my trip (in chronological order):
  • My connection flight to ROC from NYC was cancelled, and the next flight was delayed and end up arriving at ROC at around 2am... 8 hours later than scheduled time I had to bang the door and wake people up to let me in their house (the co-op I decide to stay at)
  • NYC was pouring raining like hell in my few hours there.
  • Received one parking ticket in Buffalo.
  • Slept with guy A whom I technically dislike in Buffalo.
  • Spent my 30th birthday wandering around Toronto.
  • Kissed guy B whom I didn't fancy in Toronto.
  • Smoked clove cigarette the very first time.
  • Slept with guy A the second time.
  • Had an almost total loss car accident (got struck by a truck) at the Buffalo/Fort Erie boarder.
  • Kissed guy C whom I also didn't fancy in Rochester, I even find him annoying....
  • Received a speeding ticket on my way to Bath - but I've decided....
  • Unexpectedly, spent my last 2 days with "him" (who I originally went to NY for) with his family at his cottage.
  • We sat around the fire under the shining stars and made love on his yacht at the lake in a cold rainy night.
  • Drowned myself and almost my 2 cameras (both very expensive!) at the lake.
  • Early morning fishing for breakfast at the lake with him.
Obviously it was a lonely trip for me. I almost accepted every guy who approached me, even though looking back it made me feel sick with my behavior.... I've never had 1-night-stand, and still am not fond of the idea, but the guilt from the 2-night-stands is still killing me.

I think it was fate that brought us together again. I was determined to ignore his emails and not see him again, but I've decided to visit the Glass Museum. The GM is not far from his cottage, so I thought I give him a chance, so I texted him - if he want to see me, then meet me at the Museum. I wasn't expecting anything, but I was glad he came to see me - he wasn't that bad afterall.

Although just a few days, I really enjoyed my time with him. There were no fancy words, expensive presents, promises, but simply his kind heart and genuine smile to me, and of course, his culinary treats! I know we're unlikely to have a future, so that made me feel sad. But having experienced that made me understand myself more, about what I want from my partner.

After returning to London from NY....

...there was another dramatic change for me. A senior colleague fancied in me. I've never dated people from work, and hardly ever stay friends with work people. I simply don't think about it, until he ("X") approached me.

He made me feel important, wanted, attractive, and have given me all the attention I've deprived of in the past 2 years. He's also smart, well traveled and will travel with me, cultured, and take care of me in every way he can. I feel 'safe' with him.

I thought I was the luckiest person in the world, having to find my soulmate, X. Before realising what happened wasn't a dream, it was all over. He dumped me. Till today, he still hadn't tell me directly why, but I think I know why. He think I'm too much trouble, too high of a maintenance. I told him I'm tired of life at times, I told him all my family issues, I told him I'm depressed at times. I almost fully exposed myself to him.. being too honest. He said he was worried that I said I was tired of life. He's not willing to have all that with the relationship.

I hate him being too selfish, but I hate myself more for ruining the relationship. It's sad that we have to treat relationship like a game, there are certain "rule of thumb" you want to keep in mind, and certain "taboos" you should never attempt to try. Otherwise its more likely to fail.

Just like mine.

No comments: